Black Dove Botanicals Skin Care

Monday, January 27, 2014

Now that I'm in my 30's, I have been delving into anti-aging skincare. Because I am aware of and concerned with toxic ingredients found in most mainstream skincare, I have made the switch to non-toxic, “green” beauty and skincare brands, many of them independent. One such brand is Black Dove Botanicals, an Etsy shop I came across and was intrigued by immediately. Founded and formulated by licensed Esthetician Estelle Donner in Eugene, Oregon. Estelle has this to say about herself and her shop:

"I am a Licensed Esthetician, specializing in holistic facials and have blended and worked with my philtres on clients for 27 years. I am proprietress to a skin spa where I see clients, utilizing my Black Dove Line. I am a very busy lady with a thriving local clientele, and I adore my clients! I pride myself in my communication and your satisfaction is my top priority. I am very proud of my customer feed back and will bend over backward to make sure you are happy with your transaction. I am pleased to make my skin care available to you, taking great care to utilize the finest certified organic and wildcrafted ingredients!"

I took a chance and ordered three products from Black Dove Botanicals. Am I grateful I took the leap? Read on to find out.


The first product I ordered was Three Teas Organic Anti Aging Eye Potion, an anti-aging eye and lip cream for the fine lines and puffiness around my eyes and laugh lines.
Here is a little about the product from the website:
Gentle and soothing crème blended for the tender and delicate skin around the eyes and lip area. Contains active phytonutrients, these amazing green allies work synergistically to supply moisture, reduce dark circles and alleviate fine lines and stubborn wrinkles that love to settle in between our brows and around the eye area. Feels cool and refreshing going on, the must have eye cream for puffy tired eyes! 1/4 oz in a clear glass vile with a glass dipper wand.

Estelle offers various sizes of her products, so that you can start with a smaller size and graduate to a larger if you find you just can't live without Black Dove Botanicals.
I started with the 1/4oz which is $15.00 and it has lasted me months. A little goes a long way! I use this before going to bed. I have noticed a difference around my eyes, I don't look so tired and the dark circles are non-existent. The fine lines around my eyes and mouth have softened and the signs of aging have slowed down a bit. I recommend this product to anyone looking to reduce stress around the eyes. This is a product I will repurchase again for those stubborn wrinkles.
  

The second product ordered was a facial cream called Faerie Milk Enchanting Shimmering Facial Cream.


I have been using Faerie Milk in the mornings after washing my face. This cream has added shimmer that makes my face glow when light hits it. The shimmer is not over-powering like that of a shimmer more suited to younger girls, but just enough to brighten the skin.

A little about the product from the website:
“Faerie Milk Dove's Enchanting Shimmering Facial Cream
Hand-blended With Magical Plants Of The Fae Invoke A Radiant Dewy Glow! A moisturizing light-diffusing treatment creme can be used all-over for a lustrous finish. Use under or over foundation or on bare skin for a fresh healthy look. Light diffusers are natural micronized mineral particles of mica and tourmaline that adhere seamlessly to the skin, reflecting light away from fine lines, wrinkles, or redness. It makes the skin appear brighter, fresher, and healthier, and often works to brighten and highlight the face. It smooths the texture of the skin.”

This product is very moisturizing and the shimmer makes my skin glow, I always giggle when people tell me my skin looks glowing. The cream comes in a 2oz glass jar and runs for $25, like the eye cream, you only need a bit for the face. I have not used it for an all over body cream, but I intend to once summer comes. If you are looking for a pretty glow, this cream does the trick and I intend to repurchase it.



Now, I saved the best for last! I love oils for my face and Everlasting Facial Oil is one that I have fallen in love with. It has become one of my night time rituals.


This is how it's described on the Black Dove website:
“Immortelle is a wild and mysterious flower from the french island of Corsica, which
which yields a miraculous essential oil - a precious elixir of youth.
Her latin name, Helichrysum, means "golden sun" – like the magnificent golden flowers that she blooms. Everlasting Facial Oil is infused with Helichrysum, this potent healer reduces signs of aging by multiplying collagen production, improving microcirculation and fighting against free radicals.”

This listing is for a one ounce clear french glass bottle with a treatment pump, filled to the brim with Black Doves Everlasting Facial Oil for $35.

One two or three pumps of this oil is required to step into an aroma so heavenly I feel as if I'm in a forest, smelling everything around me. My skin literally soaks it up and it does not feel greasy at all. This is one product I can not be without and will repurchase again.

Overall, my experience with Black Dove Botanicals has been positive. I really enjoy the products and recommend them wholeheartedly.

Ingredients: 
Three Teas Organic Anti Aging Eye Potion:
Holistic inclusion of~Organic solar oil blend of:
aloe*jojoba*evening primrose*calendula*wild rose*borage willamette valley bees wax
Organic Tea Blend: red bush*green*black Organic Lavender and Rose Distillate,
Vitamin E infused~blue green algae and wildcrafted fern, my signature multi-fruit extract tincture

Faerie Milk Enchanting Shimmering Facial Cream:
100% organic Featuring the amazing healers
Jojoba, Rosa Damascena, Carrot Seed Oil, Wolf Peaches, Alpha Lipoic Acid~ Organic Milk, Beeswax~Local,AloeVera~Sustainable, Calendula, Fig, Blue,Chamomile, Vegtable Cellose

Everlasting Facial Oil:
Golden organic jojoba oil blended with illuminating organic oils of: Wild Rosehip Seed Oil, Borage Oil, Evening Primrose Oil, Blue Chamomile Essential Oil, Calendula Oil, Carrot Seed Oil, Geranium Essential Oil, Palma Rosa Essential Oil, Vetvier Essential Oil, Rosa, Damescena Essential Oil, Avocado Oil

*I purchased these products with my own money, and have not been compensated in any way for this review. The opinions are my own and I am not affiliated with the company mentioned.*

http://www.etsy.com/shop/BlackDoveBotanicals?ref=l2-shopheader-name


Forever Clean and Green,

Crystal XOXO

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template created by Just Blog It