The Going Green Tag

Thursday, February 20, 2014

                                      

The Going Green tag was created by the lovely Rachel from All Natural Aspirations
I was tagged by the lovely Rebecca of http://ecoeccentric.com. Thank you!
The rules:
  • Link back to the tag creator and the person who tagged you
  • Answer the questions
  • Spread the love by tagging a few other green bloggers

What started it all off for you?

I have to give credit to my brother in law. He was the one who researched the GREEN approach. With a scare of Thyroid Cancer and his biopsy coming back negative, he knew he had to change his overall lifestyle. He then educated my whole family with all things organic, ranging from grass-fed meats to organic fruits/veggies. I never thought just how evil companies are for money! My son also developed eczema and this lead me to research my body and face care. I am still learning to read labels and becoming aware of all the bad ingredients to stay away from. Its awesome to learn something new everyday, thanks to all my green beauties. It's a lifestyle change for good, and one that I will continue to pass on to my own children.

What was the first thing to go? (Ingredient/product)

The first thing to go was my foundation, after looking at all the junk Parabens etc. I threw it out. 

What are you/did you struggle to let go of?

My biggest struggle was deodorant. I'm not a big fan of Body odor. 

What has been your best find or change?

I would have to say face oils. I was a bit hesitant to try them since I was acne prone, but my face is loving the hydration. This is the best find, and my face thanks me. :)

What has been the worst thing about going green?  What has been the hardest to transition or find an adequate green replacement of?

It's been pretty easy since there are so many great green products. If I had to pick one, it would be deodorant once again. Testing all the types that interact with my bodies chemistry can be a bit frustrating with the changing seasons.

Anything else to add?  Tips or tricks to pass on?

Don't give up on a green lifestyle! Learn to read your labels, research all you can and trust me, your body will thank you in the long run. Look for ingredient data bases that tell you the hazards of an ingredient. 

I tag the following lovelies:

Forever Clean and Green,

2 comments

  1. Love it! Great post, I loved reading your answers :-) thanks for doing the tag, it's so great to learn more about the back ground to your changes. I loved your 'i'm not a fan of body odour' line, that made me chuckle... cos, who is?? haha!
    Rach xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks for making the tag it was fun! Omg body odor is the worse.. Lol

      Delete

Blogger Template created by Just Blog It