Winter Skin Essentials

Wednesday, February 19, 2014




Texas weather just can't make up its mind this winter. One day you'll be wearing shorts, and the next, you suddenly find yourself wrapped in layers to shield your body from the freezing, harsh cold! Just like the body needs protection from cold conditions, the skin needs its own special winter treatment to repair, replenish and hydrate. It's tricky here, because the skin gets so confused with the weather's mood swings. Luckily, I've implemented a system that works for my skin, using (of course) clean, non-toxic products. I've been seeing a lot of winter skin care routine posts, so I thought I'd dedicate a post of my own to how I care for my skin in winter.


Celtic Complexion Creme
Jennifer Devlin, a Master Esthetician, founded Celtic Complexion with a mission: to create a handmade, all natural artisan skin care line that works. Mission accomplished! Celtic Complexion creme is a rich, emollient product made with powerful and natural moisturizers such as organic Shea butter and organic coconut oil. It contains no water, which I've recently learned is very beneficial for the hydration of skin. I've been using this product for about two months now, starting with a sample and almost immediately purchasing two full sizes. This product has been my holy grail in fighting dry skin this winter. My skin tends to feel tight and flake when I apply makeup, and dry patches tend to be more noticeable. Since using Celtic Complexion under foundation and before bed, I have seen a significant improvement. My skin has evened out and the dry patches are becoming less and less visible. The secret to all this is the wholesome formula, which Jennifer blends to make the perfect facial creme. Information from Celtic Complexion's website: "This hand-blended moisturizer is rich in essential fatty acids, vitamins, vital nutrients and pure essential oils. Concentrated formula imparts velvet, dewy finish to the skin. For dry to very dry skin."

Ingredients: Organic shea butter, organic coconut oil, organic jojoba oil, vegetable glycerin oil, natural vanilla extract, organic tea tree oil, carrot seed oil, sandalwood oil, grapefruit oil."
Cost: $69.95 2oz
Final thoughts: I adore this product, and it has really saved my skin during this odd Texas winter. I have also used it on my son's eczema and the results are truly amazing. This is a product I cannot live without for winter.

www.celticcomplexion.com
Tip: sign up for the newsletter for extra savings

*I purchased these products with my own money, and have not been compensated in any way for this review. The opinions are my own and I am not affiliated with the company mentioned”.


Waxelene 
Waxelene is a petroleum jelly alternative that uses only natural and organic ingredients. I use this product for an all over body and face treatment. Waxelene has many uses, here are a few from the website: "Moisturizing and soothing chapped, dry skin, removing make-up, Hands & Feet (never have dry & callused hands and feet again!)" I personally use Waxelene to remove my makeup. It does an incredible job removing product while still maintaining hydration to the face. I also apply it to my entire body focusing on areas that need more moisture. My son who has really bad eczema also uses Waxelene to calm and comfort his baby skin which I'm thankful for. Waxelene has many helpful uses and benefits for your skin give it a try, you won't regret it!

Ingredients: organic soybean oil, natural & unbleached raw beeswax, natural vitamin E oil (derived from soybeans) and  organic rosemary oil. 
Cost: $4.20 for one 2oz. Jar, $9.99 for one 9oz Jar. 
Final thoughts: My skin has had success with this product. It has a thick, rich, soft, creamy texture that goes on clear and smooth that creates a waterproof barrier. It continues to protect my skin for hours without making me feel greasy.

https://www.waxelene.com to find the nearest store or buy online

*I purchased these products with my own money, and have not been compensated in any way for this review. The opinions are my own and I am not affiliated with the company mentioned”.


Deep Steep Body Butter
I am constantly washing my hands during this cold season. This has really taken a toll on my hands, and to regain moisture, Deep Steep has come to my rescue. Deep Steep's motto is: "Clean, Pure, and Natural."  They live by their motto, offering nothing but the best ingredients. Deep Steep is free of: "Parabens, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Mineral Oil, Artificial Fragrances, Chemical Preservatives." It is also: "Gluten Free, Not Tested On Animals, and Vegan." You will not find harmful chemicals in this butter.



INGREDIENTS:
Organic Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice, Sucrose (Sugar) Extract, Vanilla Planifolia Fruit Extract, Organic Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Glyceryl Stearate (Vegan), Glycerin (Vegan), Caprylic Acid (Coconut Fatty Acid), Aroma (Organic and Wildcrafted Aroma Blend), Organic Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Tocopherol (Vitamin E) Natural, Organic Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Organic Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A), Xanthan Gum, Potassium Sorbate.
Cost: online $9.95 6oz Tj Maxx/Marshall's $4.99
Final thoughts: Of all the scents offered, my favorite scent is Brown Sugar Vanilla. This scent lasts for hours and I always find myself sniffing my skin because it smells so sweet. I will continue to repurchase this product. It leaves my skin feeling replenished when moisture is gone.

www.deepsteep.com

*I purchased these products with my own money, and have not been compensated in any way for this review. The opinions are my own and I am not affiliated with the company mentioned”.


Forever Clean and Green,



2 comments

  1. I really must try Deep Steep, it gets so much love from bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really should Karen. If it's good for the skin why not? :)

      Delete

Blogger Template created by Just Blog It