Everyday Minerals "The Real You" 7 piece complexion kit

Tuesday, March 18, 2014



I take pride in supporting local brands and products, so I'm thrilled to bring you a review of Austin's own Everyday Minerals. Created in 2006 by Carina Menzies, here is a little about Everyday Minerals from the website: "Carina was committed to find the purest form of natural source ingredients and scours the globe looking for the most cutting edge developments to make your skin happy. All of our products are all natural, completely vegan, cruelty free, and handmade in Austin, TX, with eco-friendly, recyclable packaging, staying true to our commitment of preserving the natural beauty of our world and each other."

Left to Right - Calm & Collected Skin Tint, Poised To Perfection Skin Tint, Sunlight Finishing Dust, Bronze Finishing Dust, Pearl Finishing Dust, and Finishing Dust

I got the opportunity to try out "The Real You" complexion kit, a 7 piece tailor-made collection for all skin tones. I did not have any trouble with shades since it's suitable for all ethnicity. The kit includes the following skin tints and finishing powders easily applied with a bamboo brush provided.


From the website: "The Skin Tints are wonderful products for the skin that range from a soft glow to matte with skin tone shades. It can be worn over your usual foundation base, or all on it's own. Simply, it offers a subtle, sheer and translucent tint of color so that the skin is not masked. Instead, skin is instantly brightened, radiant, and warm. Expect a nice, light feel on the skin, that's powdery in texture and leaves your complexion totally gorgeous." The kit came with two skin tints, Calm & Collected and Poised to Perfection. Although it says it can be worn with other foundations, I decided to wear the skin tints alone to get better results of the products.

Calm & Collected Skin Tint Description from Everydayminerals.com: "It will give your skin the loveliest glow, and is suitable for all different types of skin tones. In appearance, it resembles a medium/bronze shade that contains light-reflecting minerals that will simply glow your skin. These tints are nearly translucent, and won't mask your skin in any way. Expect a nice, light feel on the skin, that's powdery in texture and leaves your complexion totally gorgeous."
My thoughts: Now that winter is coming to a wrap, my skin is less dry and flakey and it's the perfect time to try mineral powder. Mineral powder is simple and easy to apply and very convenient when I don't want to wear to much makeup. The skin tint was light weight and though it's was dark in color  it was translucent with a matte finish.
Ingredients: Mica (CI 77019), Bambusa Arnundinacea (Bamboo) Stem Powder. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

Poised To Perfection Skin Tint description from Everydayminerals.com: "Gives your skin a matte look and masks pores. It's great for all skin tones and perfectly matte, and in appearance it resembles a medium base shade." 
My thoughts: This skin tint is my favorite of the collection. I hate having large pores, it can also be very frustrating and difficult to mask them. The matte finish of this skin tint really did an amazing job keeping my pores nice and tight looking.
Ingredients: Mica (CI 77019), Bambusa Arnundinacea (Bamboo) Stem Powder. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)



Sunlight Finishing Dusdescription from Everydayminerals.com: "Sunlight Finishing Dust has a tinge of yellow pigment to combat skin flaws, such as redness or dark circles." 
My thoughts: I tend to have redness around my nose which is very common, this product did a great job covering the red areas. I also have dark circles under my eyes but I do need something a little bit more heavy for the eye area. Since this powder is lightweight the coverage was not full coverage. For redness, this dust gets the job done!
Ingredients: Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Fruit Extract. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

Bronze Finishing Dust description from 
Everydayminerals.com: "Simply, it offers a subtle, glow and translucent tint of color so that the skin is not masked. Instead, skin is instantly brightened, radiant, and warm."
My thoughts: This gave my skin a nice sun kissed look. I was a little intimidated since it looked dark, but when everything was blended, it looked amazing. I focused on the areas where the sun would hit, like the crown of my forehead and nose. It was also great for contouring, the outcome was beautiful.
Ingredients: Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Fruit Extract. May Contain (+/): Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

Pearl Finishing Dust description from 
Everydayminerals.com: "Sheer coverage provides the perfect canvas for virtually every skin tone while minimizing dulling effects with subtle shimmer." 
My thoughts: Although I do prefer more shimmer to my highlighters, this pearl finish gave my skin enough glow and kept it from looking dull and washed out.
Ingredients: Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Mica (CI 77019), Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Fruit Extract. May Contain (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

Lastly, the Finishing Dust, description from 
Everydayminerals.com:  "Translucent powder that serves to set your makeup and get rid of excess shine." 
My thoughts: This dust made the whole look come together. I dusted the powder all over my face and blended everything. The matte finish was beautiful, I did not have to touch up my face for extra excessive shine throughout the day.
Ingredients: Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Fruit Extract. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007).

I used the Baby Flat Top Brush to apply the whole look. The brush was soft and made of synthetic hair. The brush was also dense for  perfect application of all the mineral powders.

 
Additional Makeup: Eye Shadow from The All Natural Face in Fairy Mist and Purple Ice storm, Lips from La Chic Poo Poo in Claudia Mauve-ia.

Final Thoughts: I was really impressed by Everyday Minerals, although I was a bit skeptical about the foundation colors due to looking dark, everything blending perfectly and made my skin look amazing. If I had to pick just one product from the collection, it would be the Poised To Perfection Skin Tint because of it minimizing pore results. Everyday Minerals provides many more products that I look forward to trying. I'm ecstatic that this great company was founded in my home town of Austin,TX and I will continue to support local.

Price: $28.00

Everydayminerals.com

*Product was sent to me (with HUGE thanks!) from Everyday Minerals free of charge, with hopes of a review. I have not been compensated in any way for this review. The opinions are my own and I am not affiliated with the company mentioned.*

Forever Clean and Green,

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template created by Just Blog It