Shanti Shea Lavender Shea Butter

Monday, March 3, 2014

For the month of March, I have decided to dedicate my blog to supporting local. Austin, Texas and surrounding areas are known for being green. I LOVE my city, so please follow me this month as I discover some really amazing, local, Clean, and Green products like the one below.



This winter has been brutal, going from warm to freezing has really confused my skin. I started developing eczema on my right hand and began looking for anything and everything to cure it. I came across a product at my local natural store, my first local find, a company named Shanti Shea. 



Shanti Shea is owned and created by Cobi Bentley. The development for Shanti Shea from the website: "The idea for Shanti Shea was born after Cobi had a little too much fun in the hot sun in New Orleans one year, and his skin was a tad pink. One of the African traders in the Congo square told him about shea butter. To his amazement, the next day the burn was gone, and he had a base tan for the rest of the summer! After doing some more research on the history and amazing properties of this traditional African healing moisturizer, he decided to mix some up and share it with friends and family. They all loved it too! "This stuff is great, why don't you sell it?" someone suggested." This is exactly what Bentley did, adding healing properties such as lavender oil and other great ingredients has really improved my overall developing eczema.



Shea butter has many healing effects against climate conditions. I applied Shanti Shea at night to let the product penetrate my skin and day after day, I began to see improvement. Shanti Shea comes in three Shea Butter blends, Basic, Lavender, and Simply Shea. The blend I picked was Lavender.



Description: "Combined healing properties of wild-crafted shea butter, with organic coconut oil, and nutritive, natural preservatives, golden jojoba oil and vitamin E. This blend utilizes the combined healing properties of renowned nutritive ingredients with the healing aromatherapy of lavender essential oil." This is why I applied the product at night, lavender has healing properties for the skin as well as aromatherapy. The blend helped calm and heal my developing eczema on my hand. The texture of the butter is similar to petroleum jelly (but better for you) creating a protectant for the skin.

Ingredients: Wild crafted fair trade unrefined shea butter, fair trade organic coconut oil, organic golden jojoba oil, organic virgin palm oil, vitamin E (mixed tocopherols), lavender essential oil & unconditional love.

Price: $9.00 - $22.00 depending on ounces. 

Final Thoughts: The amazing Shea butter ingredient blend has benefited the overall appearance of my hand's skin. A small amount goes a long way, the product will last for months. Shanti Shea will have my local support, for its moisturizing results. I hope you give this local Austin shop a try! 


*I purchased this product with my own money, and have not been compensated in any way for this review. The opinions are my own and I am not affiliated with the company mentioned.*


Forever Clean and Green,


5 comments

  1. I love Shea butter, really repairing and healing :-)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is, I'm just glad my hand is back to normal ;)

      Delete
  2. Awesome review, I love the photo of the product!!! You did a beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anything lavender scented is wonderful, but it's a bonus that it's shea butter :)

    vanitytalkbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template created by Just Blog It